Martial Arts / Karate
Japan Karate Association (JKA)
Dojo Kun/ Karate Oath
- Seek Perfection of Character (HITOTSU! JINKAKU KANSEI ni TSUTOMURO KOTO)
- Be Faithful (HITOTSU! MOKOTO no MICHI o MAMORU KOTO)
- Endeavor to Excel (HITOTSU! DORYOKU NO SEISHIN o YASHINAU KOTO)
- Respect Others (HITOTSU! REIGI o OMONSURU KOTO)
- Refrain from Violent Behavior (HITOTSU! KEKKI no YU o IMASHIMURU KOTO)
THE PURPOSE OF THE ORGANIZATION
- To train hard in karate using both body and spirit.
- To develop the spirit of good sportsmanship with the practitioners.
- To promote international harmony among the youth.
THE PURPOSE OF LEARNING KARATE
- To practice courtesy.
- Increase self-confidence.
- Train to reach objectives.
- Train guidance ability.
- Train for resistance against pressure.
- Train spirit to strive.
- To promote harmony.
Takayuki Mikami is the founder, chief instructor, and the chairman of JKA American Federation. He is a Japanese native who is a 9th “dan” (degree) black belt JKA Master. He is also the highest JKA ranked master in the United States, and holds the position of JKA Senior Technical Advisor, which is the second highest technical position after JKA World Federation Chief Instructor.
Rigatchio “Rey” Hilario is a 4th degree black belt international instructor, judge and referee. He is a champion in sparring (“Kumite”) and form (“Kata”), and was under the instruction of Takayuki Mikami. Hilario has been teaching for 30 years and currently teaches at the Landero Learning Center.
Monthly contract $79/mo
6 month contract: $69/mo
1 year contract: $55/mo
1 hour 30 minutes
Mondays and Saturdays 5pm- 6:30pm